Tuesday, July 28, 2015
I have told Twitter and Facebook about this, and now I get to blog about it. I signed my first ever publishing contract with Write More Publications for #TheKillerContractAgency. It’s been a wold ride with that book since I pulled it off Amazon in 2011. I redid the whole thing, and I made it first person instead of third. I did fewer victims to make it a better story. I made them aliens instead of humans to give them a super hero vibe instead of a killing people for fun one. It’s been a crazy journey. I gave it to Liz McKeown to edit it so I can republish it, and when she finished editing it she recommended me to Theresa Oliver who is the owner of Write More Publications. She loved the story so much, and praised it to her. I sent her an email after that, and because of how hard I worked on the story it got the notice of a publisher. It means they are taking most of the work off my shoulders, and after doing it for so long I read over the contract which is better then a traditional deal. I jumped at it, and now time for the cover art, formatting, and I’ll let you know when the release date is. This will be my first time working with one, and it’s exciting too. I will also be blogging a few books because of the format, and the style. I write for the story and the characters mainly. I hope to do this full time since I love writing and reading. I never gave up on the story, and that’s they key to this writing business. It’s a good feeling that my hard work paid off. It makes writing worth while, and it will be in paperback which is awesome because it’s my first one.
That is all for now.
Until next time,
I have been after this one for a while ever since Youtube Emmymadeinjapan did her review for it, and instead of doing a video review I will just blog about it. I will also link to other Youtube channels I watch that review MRES too since I’ve been doing this for a while. I’m still trying to get a handle on being in front of a camera, so that’s why I will review some but not others on camera. At some point I’ll get over it to the point where I will have no issue with doing video reviews.
Here is the review. Items it comes with: Meatballs in Marinara Sauce, Au Gratin Potatoes, Wheat snack bread twin pack, First Strike energy bar, flameless ration heater, cheese spread, orange based powder, spoon, gum, toilet tissue, coffee and creamer, salt, splenda, and moist towelette.
The entree tastes pretty good like the ones that come in a can. The meatballs are tender, and it tastes good. The potatoes taste good too, and it feels like a real meal to eat. The first strike energy bar doesn’t taste bad either, and once you add stuff to the bread it actually tastes good. Overall not a bad meal if you are out in the field, and want something hearty and filling.
Here are the other Youtube channels I watch for MRE Reviews:
gschultz9, gundog4314, and Kiwi Dude.
I hope you enjoyed my review on Menu 8, and see you next Monday which is Menu 3 Chicken with Noodles.
Until next time,
Monday, July 20, 2015
For this review this week I’m just going to type it up instead of film it. I’ve just been tired lately since I have a lot going on. I’m waiting on something important today, and I hope it works out. I will film next weeks though, and it takes getting used to. I also plan on making videos on my favorite books, and reviewing them.
And here is the review…
Ripping into the hard plastic bag is so tough you almost need a knife for it. Reelable seal my ass more like hard to get into struggle like hell seal. That’s actually the hardest part, and eating it is the easy one. Then you get to the plastic, and it’s easy from there. You have a multigrain snack bread, Hot beverage bag, flameless ration heater, Wild Berry skittles, spoon, cranberries, cheese spread, orange flavored juice, pepper sauce, pretzel sticks, the entree spaghetti with beef and sauce, creamer, coffee, salt, sugar, gum, moist towelette, matches, and toilet paper.
While I heated up the entree I tried the snacks in the meantime. The pretzel sticks taste like they came straight from the factory, and I loved the taste. Once the entree finished cooking it looked like a real spaghetti dish, and just add seasonings and it tasted like a real one too. You don’t even need the pepper sauce either. The meat is tender just like the noodles. The skittles in the pack taste good too like you just bought them at the store. The cranberries tasted fresh too like they just came out of the factory. I didn’t care for the multigrain snack bread since it had a gritty texture, but it might taste better with the cheese spread. It’s a good meal for a soldier in the field since you have a lot of snacks to choose from.
Until the next MRE,
Posted by Jessica Samuels at 7:25 AM
Friday, July 17, 2015
This idea came to me a few minutes ago after I thought about my goals with writing. I want to make this a life long career because I have so many projects in store that I want to get them all out. I love time off because it’s usually when my brain is active the most.
These are the reasons why I want to write full-time:
- I don’t have to wear normal clothes. It’s not like the office where I will have to dress up, and I can wear pajama pants if I want to.
- I don’t want a normal 9-5 job. I love sleeping in so I want a job that allows me to do it whatever time I want it to be done. I don’t like the going out in traffic either since I hate driving because of all the dumbasses on the road. It’s like stay in the left lane if your fast, and the right lane is slow too. The commute just sucks. Not to mention you have to go in the rain, snow, fiery pits of hell when it’s warm outside. You have to dress for the weather too, and it requires a bra.
- I love the fact that I have enough work to keep busy. It’s a 60-80 hour work week max, and I love that cause I never run out of stuff to do. I work retail so it gets boring on the weekdays especially if I don’t have freight.
- Short of going to reader events and book signings you really don’t have to interact with the general public as much. Seriously, I love a job where you can do it at the desk, and yes there are the negative reviews which is an interaction but it’s online. You don’t have to deal with people in a certain way like selling them things unless it’s at a book store. The people giving you book reviews you don’t have to see them in person unless they come to an event. The majority of the time you are alone. The only people you really have to talk to are the beta readers, editors, illustrators and publishers that’s it. Not anyone else, and the interactions with readers happen online mostly.
- You can take your work anywhere. It’s a good thing especially when you need to go on a long trip and edits are due. You can print them off, and put them in on the go. It’s handy too and you always want to have a pen and paper with you at all times too. You don’t have to go to the same place day after day. You can do it in a library one day, or a coffee shop in the other. You don’t have to worry about changing your location since you can do it anywhere even when you move.
- It will allow you to get more done if you write full time versus part time.
- It’s not a set schedule so as long as you make the daily word count goals it will be fine. You can write sitting on a bed or sitting at a desk. It allows you to do different things, and you can take a vacation from it too at times. It gives you freedom, and yes there are no sick days but you can get some pages done on those days.
- You don’t have to deal with co workers that get on your nerves, and it means you don’t have to rely on them either. It’s all up to you to get the work done. You don’t have to deal with the extra shit in between like a coworker backstabbing you and going to your boss about something you said even if it was a joke.
- You don’t have to worry about getting fired over the dumbest shit ever, and it’s means you don’t have to deal with crowds or idiots wanting something you have no control over. You don’t have to worry about customers telling corporate on you like they do in retail. I hate it when they want to tell on us, and it’s not our fault. We don’t control what they do and they think we can.
For me there are more pros then cons to writing full time, and it’s going to be awesome when I do it full-time. I’ve already decided I’ll write Monday-Friday, and have off the weekends and holidays. If I’m on a deadline then I’ll write way more even working through the weekend. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do though, and it’s a goal I will achieve.
Until next time,
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
After a few years of writing and rewriting it’s finally done for good. I’ve been finished for a while, and then I’ll have news about when the release date is. I don’t have news yet, but I’ll let you know when I do. As for the stories I’m working on well let me give you an update.
#Scarlet’s Beginning: I’ve finished writing it, and all I need to do is revise, edit, and give it to beta readers.
#Retributionismine: Written it halfway through, and I need to write the other half of it too. I’ve outlined it to death though so it should hopefully be easy to write the rest after I’ve typed up what I have and used the notes.
#Redemptionismine: Needs to be written but I know where I’m going and it’s outlined as well.
#AngelWitch: Halfway through written and I know where I’m going with it since I’ve written the outlines for it. I do this a lot.
VCU starts next month so it’ll be good to get back to it. I missed it since all I do is work and write. I enjoy it but there is only so much you can do before boredom sets in and you are used to the craziness. It’s all a waiting game sometimes since you have to wait for the things you want. Also in other news I’ve been doing good relationship wise since I’ve finally found someone who is way compatible with me more then the last two. No relationships are the same, and they are all different. I think that’s a good thing, and finding someone you can be happy with is the key to a lasting one too. It’s about having someone there through the good and bad times. Not everything is going to go good at all. It’s about being best friends as well as lovers. I hope it works out this time around because I’m happy with him too.
Until I have more updates,
Monday, July 13, 2015
This time I did a review on Menu 16 Pork Rib for my MRE review Mondays. And it has:Pork Rib, Potato cheddar soup, Ranger bar
Cheese spread, Wheat snack bread (2),Reese's Pieces candies,Orange flavored carbo drink,BBQ Sauce, Lemon Tea, Salt, Chewing Gum, Toilet Tissue, Towelette, Spoon,Flameless ration heater, Hot beverage bag. After heating it up and trying the soup it tasted pretty good like it came out of a can. The actual entree pork rib when I added barbecue sauce tasted like a tv dinner one. It wasn’t too bad. I loved the caramel apple bar since it tasted good. The wheat snack bread isn’t bad too since it doesn’t taste bad when you add something to it never eat it plain. Overall it was a good MRE. Good for something when it’s a cold day, and you want something hot to eat. That’s it for today. And I did a video review of it too and here is the link: https://youtu.be/C3v29zNp4NA
Until next monday,
Monday, July 6, 2015
This is an MRE I’ve wanted to try for a while since I love pasta dishes. It comes with the main dish as well as chocolate pudding desert powder, grape flavored carbohydrate electrolyte powder, Italian bread sticks, a brown spoon, cheese spread, red pepper, corn nuggets, and an accessory pack. The pack comes with matches, non-dairy creamer, toilet paper, salt, a moist toilette, instant coffee, sugar and chewing gum. To heat up the entree just put it in the heater with water up to the fill line and leave it for about 15-20 minutes. While the entree heated up I tried the corn nuts which still tasted fresh since MREs have a long shelf life. It’s supposed to make it through tough terrains after all. MREs can be used for camping or when the power goes out. After heating it up and taking my first bite it didn’t taste bad at all. I would eat it especially if I had nothing else to eat. Some of these come with fruit especially the ones in 2012. The Italian bread sticks weren’t bad at all, and just add butter it’ll taste really good. Add chocolate pudding, and you have a good meal for a soldier. Overall, not a bad meal for a soldier.
Until next Monday,
I’ve heard it so many times after someone finds out that I write that they can write a book too. They say they have ideas, but very few actually finish writing them out on paper. I’m one of the few that can actually finish one, and it’s a long process.It all starts off with an idea. An idea so good that it has your entire attention. One that makes the characters scream at you to write it. Next comes the character creation, and taking notes about the characters in your story.Then the actual story planning will take place, and planning where the story will go and take shape. The real magic of writing a novel is the actual process since you might end up chucking the outline and just writing. You never know what will happen during the process. That’s also the hard part since doubts and fears begin to creep in. Some spend a day just getting a sentences right others can zip through it no problem. Chapter upon chapter is written on a good day, and on a bad day just a sentence or maybe none. If that happens then just do a writing exercise or two and plan more out. Then once you are done with the story the time comes to revise it and cut down sentences. Then you give it to a beta reader once you edit it a few times. Revise a few more times depending on their suggestions, and then an editor once it’s almost ready to be published. Then get the cover to put on and it’s done. After that comes the drink since you had the guts to put your work out there. That’s how a novel is written it can be longer or shorter depending on the story and how much work it needs. Then celebrate after the entire process is done since you are crazy enough to write a book and finish it. Most people give up since it’s too hard, they don’t have enough time, or they don’t have the drive to finish. Not you since you’re one of the people crazy enough to finish a master piece from start to finish just like me.
Until next time,
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
I finally finished The Killer Contract Agency rewrites, and now all I’m waiting for is to have en editor look at it, get the cover, and republish. It’s been a long journey with this book, and with it done I can finally work on other projects. I am typing up the first Scarlet book in the meantime, and I’ve written the second half and I’ll finish it so I can edit them both together and work on the third after the first and second are published. I know I’ve been promising those books for years. Life has gotten in the way more then once, and I find it hard to concentrate on writing with VCU and working part time at the same time. I need to take it more seriously. I want to quit retail part time so I can write full time instead I’ll need to be more on the ball with it. I can’t sit there, and not write and publish the stories I want people to read. Hence why I have enough stories to write full time, and make my dream of it come true. I’m hopeful about it because it’s something I really want to do for the rest of my life. I’ll write a blog post about the story when it comes out, and put the links there too.
Until next time,