Friday, September 16, 2011

Rage and Writing..

Rage and Writing:
I have been thinking about emotions. Ones like rage in particular. I have built up a lot over the years. After being bullied, lied to, backstabbed, betrayed, and controlled I built up pent up rage. Instead of being depressed. Rage made me hate people and crowds. The littlest thing used to set me off. I did not want to go to a psychologist because they did not help.

I had absolutely no way in my mind to deal with it. I told my mom everything, and that is when I found a way to deal with it. Mom told me to write about it, and I did.

Afterward I felt so much better because I finally found a way to deal with my rage. I am a lot better now because I turned it into something creative instead of destructive.

I can deal with crowds better, and the only time I hate people is when they are rude back. I rarely go into rage mode, and when I do I write out a scene where the person gets it, or I turn the situation around. I like to use writing as therapy, and it is way cheaper. Here is a helpful way to deal with rage:

1. Write down the situation and why it made you angry.

2. Then turn it around and make it the way you wanted it to go.

3. If it is a person that made you mad with rage use them in a story, and have them get what they deserve.

4. Laugh at the reason why you were like that especially if the person was not worth thinking about.

5. Tell yourself you have better things to do then letting a childish, immature person get to you.

Those are some of the steps I take to deal with it. How about you how do you deal with situations and people that fill you up with rage? How do you deal with it period?