Friday, February 3, 2012

The Anthology Road:




I have worked on the anthology for a while now. I completed it, but once it was looked over I knew it was far from done. Some of the stories did not make it because it did not fit in with the theme. Some I made small changes to, and others are completely changed into something better. The one factor that helped the most with my writing getting better is the whole semester of creative writing, and that is how some of the stories came about.

The anthology date of publication is being pushed back since it still needs work. I am still working on the last story, and I gave some copies to beta readers to look it over, so it will be published when they are done. I am adding four excerpts two from my current books published, and two are from my current projects starring a few of my major characters that are getting novels based on their beginnings. Here are a few stories that never made it to the anthology. I will caution you that they have cuss words in it.

PayBack
         
Maria cried for the last time that day. She was lonely, and watching a romance movie. The movie went on, and she realized how lonely she was. Her ex left her a few days ago, and she found out he had already moved on was in a relationship, and on top of that moving in with the girl.
         
She cried a few more hours, and went to  a nearby bar. She sat down ordered a drink, and spotted a very attractive man looking at her spiked brown hair, brown eyes with a devilish glint in his eyes. He was encased from head to toe in leather with a 45 on his side a total bad boy. She felt a whole lot better when the guy sat next to her. “Why are you sad pretty lady?”
          
She told him the story. “Wow, what a jerk. I really do not understand how a rotten guy like him got you in the first place, and he is so wide as well. He did not deserve you at all. He especially did not deserve an attractive guy like you anyway. My name is Chip Stevenson.” The both shook hands, and Salina felt like the happiest girl in the world, and best of all he was more attractive, muscular, and taller than her ex. He was the most sexiest guy on the planet. She forgot about her ex then right and there.
         
Chip continued to talk, “I am a Hollywood producer, and I was looking for a girl like you to play the main lead. This is the whole plot: A sexy vampire hunter falls in love with a vampire.” She thought about it and replied, “Yes.” After all things like this happen once in a life time, and she did not want to pass up on the opportunity it. She also wanted to work with and get closer to Chip. She wound up very happy in the new life, and Chip helped her become a star. They got married, and had two children. Her ex wound up killed by his wife, and he died from blood loss because she chopped off his dick.

The End   

Disgruntled Employee

I hate this job. I sat  at my cubicle, a white-walled cell in my eyes. It was like a prison to me, taking away my strength because of the mounds of work I had to do. The smell of paper that is evident in the air is beginning to take its toll on me.  I hate working at the horrid place because of all the stupid political nonsense that goes on.  The boss is an old douche bag that is as bad as a stoner guy with money, and he is spending it on hookers instead of an important scientific experiment. He can save himself from having to let go of employees if he manages his money properly. Instead two of his employees are let go.  It is stupid though to have so much money for something so important, and waste it on hookers.  It makes me happy to be leaving the place because I am finally getting the job of my dreams.

I do not like some of the people I have to deal with. I have a supervisor that is as sweet as chocolate one moment, but the next turns as mean as a drill sergeant having a bad day. She is an anal attentive individual that yells when something is not perfect or to her liking. The job is as bad as the military because she never tells us what the project is until we need to know. I used to joke to my coworker friend that the job is like being in the military because of the people yelling at you, and treating you like a slab of meat.

I am someone to be tolerated and there, but not a person. To her I am a number, a nobody, and not in the loop. I  do not have a Ph.D. like the workers  around me, or even a bachelor’s degree; therefore I must not understand the job. I am a thing and not a person, and she gives me tasks to do like cleaning, and paper work, the jobs she does not want to even bother with. I did get some skills to take with me though.  A few here and there, but some I can pretty much forget. I will miss a few of the people who work there though.

Some of them I will never miss meeting a day in my life. There is this one individual there that I have a lot of issues with. This person who is a woman got drunk during her lunch break. I had to deal with her that afternoon, and it turned out that she was high as well. The person took off her clothes and rolled around on the floor. I was not that old when the person getting high happened, maybe 17. It pretty much ruined all the respect I had for her if you even call it that. She was not attractive either, just a spoiled rich brat that used to be hooked on too many meds.
The boss found out about the incident, but did not fire her though. 

Instead all she got was a slap on the hand, and a do not do it again because you will be fired the next time. It made me mad to see her still there after what she did. I tried ignoring her once, but her boss said I was supposed to acknowledge her existence like she even deserves it. I still ignore her, but I do it to where the boss cannot see. People like her are why I am not going to miss working for them at all. The bosses put up with people who do things that can get them fired, and do not even care about anyone but themselves. I used to like working for the job, but now I see it for what it is: A world obsessed with more politics then a barrel of monkeys. The job is a world that allows unruly people to get away with anything without  being fired right on the spot. That is why I am happy to be leaving the job, and off to finding my true passion: writing.
Those are a few of the stories I left off, and I will hopefully be done with it in four months. This time I hope I can meet that goal. I will be enrolling it in the KDP select program to see how it does. And it will be free at first for a limited time.

Any thoughts on it, or experiences with enrolling with the program?

Until next time,

Wolfdreamer25