Monday, July 2, 2012

Novels, reviews, and thoughts oh my!



I have been speeding ahead on some projects like my first retail novel is being typed up by a friend to help me concentrate on two other novels, and focus on those. I have been feeling blocked though, and maybe it has something to do with stress from work. I will be getting a few weeks where I work only 2 or three times that should help. I am also going to type up the rough drafts, and write down notes instead of write the draft long hand…

This brings me to the next thought though. I love going on Goodreads to look at new authors to try out. I start reading the reviews, and then I see the one stars making me see how harsh readers are…It makes me cringe when I read how mean the readers are when it comes to the authors work. I look at my own, and I think oh hell this is not any better either. I can almost picture what a reader is going to say about my books…Then I think my work sucks…I think my other stories suck even if I have them polished the best they can be.

I am going to hopefully finish both the killer contract 2 and the second retail novel by the end of next year.

Any thoughts about reader reviews, being our worst critics or tips on pushing through?

Until next time,

Wolfdreamer25