Friday, September 21, 2012

Top Kindle Fire Applications:







*I am apart of the Amazon Affiliate program and clicking on this link will bring you to a purchase site. It will result in compensation for me if purchased through this link.*
The Kindle Fire is a breathtaking 7 inch tablet that is an essential piece of technology for students, writers, and people with on-the-go busy lives. It is a handy tool capable of taking notes, entertaining people waiting for the bus or on the bus going into work, check email,  and it is an integral part of everyday life.

It will be a year in December that I have had the fire. In that time I have found a multitude of applications that are handy to have for every Kindle Fire, or possible Kindle Fire if you have not decided whether to get it yet.

In fact I have already done a review of the Kindle Fire already, so if you want to read about the Fire in general the link is here:http://wolfdreamer25-myjourney.blogspot.com/2012/01/kindle-fire-review.html

This post is going to go more in depth about the applications essential for the Fire, and this already sounds like one of those boring posts that have absolutely no humor in them, so I am going to change it. I will go over ones that are used for school, social networking, and entertainment.

1.Color Note Notepad: Free. This can be used for taking notes in class, on the go reminders, and for writers writing down story ideas or notes about the world when the muse strikes. Which is handy to have in a purse too, and in my case it was handy when I found it useful when I was looking at the headstone last names at Hollywood Cemetery. Gee, do I find inspiration in weird places or what…

2.Pocket formerly read it later: Free: I have discovered this quite recently actually when I was looking for an application that I can use to save blog posts to read later. That is the use for it to save blog posts, or articles from the web to read for later.

3.Email : Free. It is handy to have when you want to check your email, but you can’t access a computer desktop or laptop. And handy to have when you don’t want to lug a bulky laptop around.

4. gReader: Free. I use the application everyday to keep up with the blogs I subscribe to. It really is handy to be able to check the blogs I read without having to power up a laptop, and you can even take it to college or the local Starbucks and read while you drink your coffee as long as there is a Wi-Fi connection.

5.Facebook: Free. Everyone has one, and it is handy to have an application like that to see your friends and what they are doing, and update your status, and keep up with groups too, or a Facebook fan page like me.

6.Twitter: Free. Some have it, and some don’t but if you do get this application  to use anywhere on the go, and update your status in 140 characters or less.

7. Adobe Reader: Free. This is handy to have when you are reading PDF’s on the go for college and writing too. It is handy to keep all the PDFS on the kindle too. I love using this for ebooks in PDF form as well.

8.OfficeSuite Pro: 14.99. It comes with Quickword which is the equivalent to Microsoft word. Quicksheet which is the equivalent to Excel. Quickpoint which is the equivalent to Powerpoint. And QuickPDF which is the equivalent to making a PDF on the go like Adobe.  I got it when it was 4.99, and it went up but I love being able to type up my word documents anywhere, and not need to carry around a laptop. It even has an Excel  one to make spreadsheets, and a power point one to makes them anywhere at anytime.

9. GoodReads: It is really handy to have when you want to update statuses on the book you are reading, and it comes in handy when I want to check messages or see if I have any friend requests.

10.Netflix and Trutv2go: Free. These are both entertainment applications requiring you to already have a Netflix account so you can watch the television shows and movies they offer at anytime and anywhere. I love the picture and sound to it too. With Trutv2go all I have to do is put in my cable provider and I can watch Hardcore Pawn anywhere and anytime I feel like it as long as I have a Wifi connection. 

These are my top ten or 11 if you count Netflix and Trutv2go separate. These are the ones I use the most where they are for accessing pdfs, word documents, or reading blog posts on the go. The Kindle Fire is an important device to have no matter the age group or occupation.

In other news I will be getting an Ipad 2 in May, and once I have had it for some time I will be doing a review on it too, and the top applications I found that are handy to have.

Is there any other handy Kindle Fire Application not on this list? If so just put it in the comments below.

Until next time,

Wolfdreamer25