Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mixed Thoughts



I have been working on rewriting my novella Vampire in Retail Sucks. The notes are getting done little by little, but will it be done by the end of December? Maybe. I still need to go through it several times, and have a few people read it then send it to a professional editor to read through.

I was mad when I trusted a beta reader/editor to read my unedited work because she posted a piece of it over facebook, and made fun of the horrible sentence. You can say she was trying to help me, but posting it for all the world to see then  make fun of it in a status is not the way to go. I did not mind the comments about the sentence I just wish she sent it in a message. I am over it, and I am learning who to trust, and how to navigate this confusing world we live in.

I also had one of my ebook artists withdraw from a project, but I understand why she did it since she is busy with everything. Do I think about giving up at all thanks to those situations? No I don’t. No way because it is part of the job when things don’t go as planned at all you still never give up. In the meantime I am learning the importance of networking and making connections by talking to people.

In novel writing class we are working on writing a synopsis which is telling everything up front versus the pitch which you hold things back to grab an agent. I even had to design a pitch for my story to find an interesting hook besides the obvious.
I plan on making writing a part of my life more, and I am going to change my first person story to third. I know I said I will do Mad Mondays and I have the blog post already, and me being busy is no excuse for not keeping up with the blog. The next blog post will be about working retail and the things that annoy me about it.

Any thoughts from writers about pitches and synopsis?

Until  next time,

Wolfdreamer25