Tuesday, October 22, 2013

National Novel Writing Month: #NaNoWriMo


This November I plan on participating in National Novel Writing Month. It is a challenge to see if I can write a rough draft of 50,000 words by the end of the month. I will have more time to write on holidays, and Mondays with one test at the beginning, and most of them are in December after November 7th. I will use a schedule to keep track of the words, and outline beforehand to know where I will be going. It is time for me to finish the novel Retribution is mine, and since I am rewriting the first 8 chapters I will have to start over again. I had 8 chapters finished, but with this new twist I want to rewrite it all from scratch keeping the outline, and changing it. I am not going to have two different points of view, and I might just put it on my blog for free. It would be better to go with just Scarlet’s point of view because I don’t have a clue on how to balance both. It will be in first person, and there will be a few twists thrown in, and it will be hard since this hits closer to home then I want.

I hope I can help people who have been burned by first loves, and show them that through the pain of losing their first love they will find someone cuter, more compatible, and in my case someone who will treat them good. It will touch on the subject of breaking away from an abusive relationship, and even show bad guys always get what is coming to them. It will show what real love is versus the love we experience when we are younger. I had no idea what true love was like until I met my fiancée. It was better than I imagined, and I know this guy will stay with me no matter what, and he won’t give up on me when times are tough which is what I am going to show in the novel. I have procrastinated long enough, and now it is time to finish it once and for all. Plus, writing is my therapy, and if I don’t write this out I will never be able to get over it.

I will be keeping track of my progress, and blogging more frequently to show people how it is going, and for people to check in too.

Anyone doing National Novel Writing month too? Have you started an outline yet? Know what you are going to work on?

Until next time,


Wolfdreamer25