Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fear Sucks!


We all have felt fear before since it is a part of what stops us, and it can be what moves us forward. Fear of failing like not being able to complete my degree, and the fear of failing at becoming a successful author is a part of life. Putting a book out there is scary, and it is like standing in the middle of the street naked and exposed to the world. It is publishing a book for people to read and having them either liking it or hating it. I realize that once I publish the eBook that it won’t be mine it will belong to readers. 

Of course, I am willing to take that chance because I want to write full time no matter how hard it gets. Fear is a part of life, and one of the ways to combat it is to keep writing and never give up. It has been one of the reasons why I have not been writing as much because I am afraid of failing. I am afraid of showing people the vulnerable side because I have been bullied to the point where I have put up a wall. I’ll tear it down though, and channel it to writing. I have to get over it if I want to succeed anyway. It is scary putting yourself out there in your writing, but if you don’t try then you will have already failed. I used to be afraid of people thanks to being bullied so much, but thanks to the job I work at where I have to deal with people it is not as scary anymore. The world is not out to get me, and it has its ups and downs like anything else. It gave me the confidence I need to succeed in pitching my book to people, and I am finding the more I tell people the more I get them interested in my work. 

I know it never goes away completely, but it no longer cripples me the way it once did. I figured I am not the only one who goes through this, so I thought I would share a side to me the world has never seen before.

What do you fear? How did you overcome it?

Until next time,


Wolfdreamer25