Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Road to Getting a Publisher…


I held a publishing contract for the first time in my life, and I almost cried. I almost cried because I thought my stories were too violent for a publisher to want, and I thought it would take me years of self-publishing to get the notice of one. I have been a self-published writer for five years with only three ebooks, and finally a paperback to my name. I sent some things out, but I was rejected every time. I submitted to an anthology, but I was rejected. I sent my best work to a story place, and I was rejected. I even wrote a synopsis, and worked on the summary for one of my books. I’ve recently released a paperback since more readers prefer print over ebook. I sent The Killer Contract Agency to an editor I've worked with for the latest round of edits before I republish it a second time. I published it in 2011, but I pulled it off after someone told me how horrible it is. I redid the entire thing, and made it first person instead of third. I even added romance to it, and situations from my past to get over it. It made it way better then it was, and that's when I got the notice of Theresa Oliver who owns Write More Publications, and it was surreal. I was happy when I found out she was interested, and I signed it a few weeks later since it was a really good contract. This is the first time that the work is not all up to me, and if I like it I plan on sending her the first three Scarlet books. I was almost going to give up a few weeks earlier too. It's funny how things work out, and that's why I encourage all aspiring writers to never give up your dreams of being published, since you never know when something like this will happen. Who knows it might even be right around the corner...

Until next time,
Wolfdreamer25