Thursday, December 10, 2015

How to Write a Novel Part 1:


I have been writing for a while, and I have several novels under my belt at this point. I woke up this morning, and thought I should write a series of blog posts about it because I want to share my wisdom with others. I also want to have some fun with it since it’s the best job in the entire world. I never really fit in to the rest of the jobs, and forget being a doctor, lawyer, or nurse. I suck at math, and I’ve always been a writer since the first grade. I want to write about my experience with the entire process, and even write some posts about the books I’ve found on the subject of writing. I’ll even film Youtube videos about it too.

I have three days off a week till January 19th since this is the last day of the semester for me. I took my last final, and all I have left is to turn in a portfolio. I might even post some of my essays on my blog too.

This is part one and the first thing I talk about is the stuff you will need in order to even start writing a book. This is geared toward fiction by the way.
1.   Your imagination: This is essential since no one wants to read a boring book, and be sure to use it to use the what if scenarios.
2.   Pencil, Pen and Paper: You need something to write and type your ideas down, and if you have a pencil you can even erase things that are not working. Paper is useful too, and I first write by hand then type it up.
3.   Laptop needs a word processor or document writing software to save your work. You can also take this with you everywhere, and even useful to have while you are on a long boring trip. Laptops can be a place to type up your novel if you want to type it up instead of write it.
4.   Jump drive: If you are using a laptop then you want to back up your work in case something happens. There are free places to save it like Google Drive, ICloud, and Skydrive. Even Dropbox can work. It’s useful to have if you don’t own a personal computer or have to use a public place.
5.   A drink that includes caffeine, energy drinks, coffee, and sometimes alcohol. Whatever keeps you going to put pen to paper. Tea and soda can be used too. Just something to hydrate you while you are writing or typing.
6.   Passion: It’s not easy to write a book, and you do have to love what you are doing since it’s not easy. Believe me there are times when I wanted to say fuck it and stop. I didn’t and it’s what kept me going even in the face of rejection and everything else.
7.   A stable surface believe me you don’t want the pen or laptop flying everywhere.
8.   Snacks nothing kills the writing vibe more than being hungry. I can’t write when I’m starving either.
9.   Time: This is very important since it takes time to write a novel even if it’s ten minutes a day. If it’s something you love definitely make time for it.
10.                  Notebooks: It’s so important to use since it keeps track of everything.

These are just some of the basics, and there is more to add to it. These are just ten of the things you will need to start out with. The next time I can talk about outlining some, and even give you some ideas of what to write about.

What else would you need to write a novel?

Until next time,


Wolfdreamer25