Monday, December 14, 2015

#MREMondays Menu 4 Pork Sausage with Gravy



Welcome to another MRE Monday post, and after a hiatus I’m back. I have not been doing them lately due to school, but with winter break upon us I can get back to reviewing again. I’ve gotten some positive feedback and a few negative ones. I know that soldiers are issued these rations out on the field and only eat them if necessary.They can be issued for training events, taking a long bus ride or plane. If it’s that or starvation I would take them over dying any day. 

The contents of this MRE consist of Pork Sausage in a creamy gravy, granola with milk and blueberries. Matches, Towellette, toilet paper, sugar, coffee, salt, creamer, crackers, toaster pastry frosted brown sugar, cheese spread, beverage based lime powder, spoon, ration heater, and beverage bag.  

The actual entree was fine, but I would never eat it again. The granola with milk and blueberries were fine. I liked the crackers and the pastry more, and it’s one of those res that would make a good breakfast if you can get past the metal taste. MRES are not practical for everyday use though, and are supposed to be used when necessary. They have no choice when they eat these, and they are bad for your colon which is why they are issued to 1 or 2 per day. Not one of my favorite MRES. I loved the Brisket, BeefRoast, Beef Stew and even the Asian Strips are good. At least they have regular food in the morning and a regular dinner. They are only issued at lunch, and I know because I’m dating someone in the army. They have to go through a lot, and I admire them for being able to handle it. I would suggest you use these for camping or if you have ran out of food. 

Until next time,


Wolfdreamer25